- Our Products
- Contact Us
4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1/2 bottle Reggae Reggae sauce
300g dried macaroni
2 tbsp. butter
3tbsp plain flour
500ml milk (semi-skimmed or whole)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
250g maturegrated cheddar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180’c. Take a large casserole or lasagne dish, add the sliced chicken and Reggae Reggae Sauce. Completely coat the chicken in sauce and then cook for 15 minutes.
2. While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta in salted water for 2 minutes less than is stated on the pack (around 11 minutes)
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan then add the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the milk until you have a completely smooth sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes (or until the sauce has thickened), add 200g of the cheese, stir and then take off the heat.
4. Drain the cooked pasta and put back into the saucepan. Stir in the cheese sauce until the pasta is completely coated.
5. Assemble & bake: Carefully tip the macaroni cheese on top of the chicken in the casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
6. Serve with a tossed garden salad and crusty bread