- Our Products
- Contact Us
850g Chicken (thighs & drumsticks are recommended but this works well with breast too)
100g Levi Roots Jerk Chicken paste
Reggae Reggae Sauce
Rice ‘n’ Peas
410g can red kidney beans
400ml Levi Roots Coconut Milk
2 cups of basmati rice
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1. Coat the chicken in the Jerk paste. If time permits, leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 190’c. Place the chicken on a foil covered tray and cook for 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Whilst the chicken is cooking, begin cooking the rice ‘n’ peas.
For the Rice ‘n’ Peas
3. Add the kidney beans (including the liquid) & the coconut milk to a large saucepan with the onion, garlic, thyme & salt. Add 2 cups of water, stir through & then bring to the boil.
4. Meanwhile rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear. Once the Coconut Milk has reached boiling point add the rice, stir, reduce the heat & simmer for 30 mins or until the rice is cooked.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, serve alongside the rice ‘n’ peas & a pot of Reggae Reggae sauce to pour over.